In this online class we delve into the enigmatic world of Irish Death Folklore. There are so many mysteries to explore in the rich tapestry of our ancestral traditions, with Dagda Bard and Priest, Jon O'Sullivan (An Scéalaí Beag).
Are you a student with a keen interest in the spiritual and historical aspects of Irish culture? Do you find that your education and life experience have left you yearning for a deeper, more nuanced understanding of topics like the mythology and folklore of Death in Ireland?
This course is designed to provide just what you need. It goes beyond surface-level information and popular misconceptions, offering an academically rigorous yet accessible exploration that enriches both your intellectual and spiritual life. Join our teacher for an examination of "The Mythology and Folklore of Death in Ireland." The class will examine the complex tapestry of beliefs, stories, and cultural practices surrounding death in Irish history. This 90-minute theoretical session aims to elevate your understanding of Irish mythology and folklore, while addressing misconceptions and gaps in popular knowledge.
What Will You Learn?
In this course, we're going on a journey together to:
- Clear the Fog: Ever heard things about Irish death folklore that didn't quite sit right? We'll sift through the noise and get to the heart of the matter, just like you would in a good old-fashioned tale by the fireside.
- How We Do It: Think of it as storytelling with a purpose. We'll compare different tales and traditions to see what's what.
- Get the Real Story: There are a lot of half-truths and tall tales out there. We'll dive into the original stories and reliable accounts to set the record straight.
- How We Do It: Imagine we're in a library, but only the good stuff is on the shelves. We'll pull from those to clear up any myths.
- See the Bigger Picture: Irish death folklore isn't just a standalone topic; it's part of a rich tapestry that includes history, spirituality, and more. We'll connect the dots to give you a fuller understanding.
- How We Do It: Picture a quilt made of many patches—history, spirituality, culture. We'll look at how they all stitch together to form a complete picture.
This course is for everyone, whether you're just starting your journey into Irish folklore or you've been on this path for a while. No need to be an expert or a devotee; just bring your curiosity and willingness to learn.
WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOU ENROLL THIS COURSE?
Your Course access enrollment includes access to:
- -- Class Presentation Slides
- -- Class Videos
- -- Class Audios
- -- Exercises to complete in your own time
- -- Q&A Session with the Teacher (recorded during live class).
You will get a unique perspective from a native Irish bard, who
studies the lore of Ireland and retells those tales for a modern
audience, keeping to the core values and traditions and integrating them
in his own Pagan practices and Right Relationship with the Old Gods of Ireland.
This is a completely self-paced online course.
When you enroll in this class, you are receiving lifetime access (with a full 30 day money back guarantee).
Enroll in the course, download the content, learn from the materials... and if you don't like what you've learned just email us and we'll give you all your money back. We're taking a risk by offering this - we can't get the content back, so you could just enroll, then ask for a refund, and rip us off! However, we work on an honour system with our Tuath, as did our ancient ancestors. We trust that you won't do that to us, just like you can trust that we will do our very best to make sure you have a good experience with the Irish Pagan School.
You have a 100% money back Guarantee, for a full 30 days, so you can go ahead and enroll with full confidence.
(see below - HOW TO GET ACCESS TO THIS COURSE)
Having little to no knowledge of the Irish pantheon of male deities, I felt that I stepped into a wonderful level of intimate experience and cultural background in a matter of a few paragraphs. From the warm and personable start to the mapping of the mythos landscape then to the examples of interlinking the Dagda to my own life journey, this is a rewarding turn down my own "path less taken." Thanks much!
Charmaine Whitney - The Dagda - Hearth Hero & Domestic Deity
Frequently Asked Questions
Loved receiving this class from Jon! His approachable manner makes the lecture portion easy to take in and understand, and the content, including the resources he points learners to, will keep on giving. I'm queer and transmasculine, and so it's really important for me to learn about deities in the Irish tradition who present us with alternative models of masculinity. Thank you Jon and the IPS for bringing us this class!
The Dagda - Hearth Hero & Domestic Deity-
Once you have enrolled for a LIVE online course...
You will receive some emails from [email protected].
When you enroll in a course at the Irish Pagan School, you’ll receive a system confirmation email that contains a clickable link to the course. You can use this link to open your course, or you can type the school or course page URL into the address bar of your web browser. (www.IrishPaganSchool.com)
You'll also receive:
- Fáilte - How to Access your Course at the Irish Pagan School! This tells you how to log in, what to do if you forget your password, and how to join our Students Only facebook group (if you'd like to).
- Your Live Online Class Zoom Invite. This is the invitation to join our live event. You can also find this in the Course Curriculum, after you log in using the instructions in the email above!
If you can't attend the course teaching live (at 9pm Irish time on the Sunday), don't worry, the recorded files and presentation slides, etc. will be posted into your Course Curriculum by the following Tuesday.
HOW TO GET ACCESS TO THIS COURSE
- Choose the payment option below that best suits you - pay in Euros with a Credit Card, or pay in US Dollars with a Credit Card or PayPal.
- Click your preferred option so it's highlighted in orange.
- Click the big orange 'Enroll Now' button.
- On the Order Summary page, click to 'Add Coupon' if you have one! (Type in the coupon code, for example, from our Patreon Here)
- Enter your Account and Payment information.
- Tick the box to agree to the standard Terms and Conditions.
- Click the orange button at the bottom of that page to enroll at the price that is displayed.
Don't forget you have a full, no hassle, 30 day money back guarantee!