Online Class which explores Irish traditional folk customs and magic surrounding the hearth and home, taught by Amy Coe who is a native Irish Pagan practitioner, who has grown up within the living tradition with many of these customs, beliefs and practices around the hearth and home.
This class will benefit anyone with an interest in traditional Irish folk practices and customs, to broaden understanding of Irish folk magic as well as Irish cultural practices centred in the home and, in particular, around the hearth fire. In this class you will learn about the above topics, giving insight into practices and customs you can use
and bring forth into your own practice.
- Setting the Fire:
- The Hearth in Context Context
- Development of the Hearth & Vernacular Architecture
- The Hearth as a Social Space
- Lighting the Fire:
- Customs and Practices in the Folklore
- Seasonal Practices
- The Good Neighbours: Fireside with the Irish Fair Folk
Keeping it Lit:
- Hearth Magic in Practice
- Blessings & Curses
- Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin (There's no hearth like your own/There’s no place like home). This shorter section will address the following:
- What if you don’t have a hearth/fireplace?
- Modern Hearth Magic
- Exploring what the Hearth represents in a Modern Context
- Q&A Session
This Teaching is suitable for beginners, as well as those with more experience in other traditions. You do not have to be dedicated to or working with any Irish Gods, Guides, or Guardians to take this class.
- -- Class Presentation Slides
- -- Class Video (1.5 hours minimum)
- -- Class Audio
- -- Class Chat Log/Resources
- -- Q&A Session
- -- Journal Article PDF Resources for Supplementary Reading
Click the Enroll button below to get access.
Amy is a practicing Irish Pagan and witch based in Waterford in the South-East of Ireland. She has grown up with folk practice and belief handed down orally, keeping the flame of that tradition alive in her own life and by researching information to share and promote Irish history and cultural heritage. Amy also runs a YouTube Channel, The Crafty Cailleach, where she shares her love of Irish history, folklore, food and magic, and also is currently a candidate for a Masters Degree in Irish Regional History (2023). She has delivered classes on the Irish Language, as well as Hearth Magic, and Irish Hand-Crafting, at the Irish Pagan School.
A Review from Amy's Intro to the Irish Language Course:
"I was thrilled to catch the live class for Introduction to the Irish Language taught by Amy Coe. There was so much quality language instruction packed into one course I know I'll be coming back to it over and over. Múinteoir answered all my most pressing questions about word forms and grammar, and immersed us in bi-lingual vocabulary. It was so engaging to learn this way. I think the course is perfect for people who may have some understanding of sentence structure, grammar, and verb forms in other languages, and are interested in how it works in Gaeilge. The section on pagan vocabulary is fantastic - words and phrases we can start to use right away. I also truly appreciate the bonus resources - a whole extra course on the history of the Irish language! A wide variety of free and paid resources to learn more on specific sections! 79 pages of class notes in addition to the slides! There is *so much* here for the price."
Frequently Asked Questions
On Amy's Intro to the Irish Langauge Course
How to Get Access...
- Choose the payment option below that best suits you - pay in Euros with a Credit Card, or pay in US Dollars with a Credit Card or PayPal.
- Click your preferred option so it's highlighted in orange.
- Click the big orange 'Enroll Now' button.
- On the Order Summary page, click to 'Add Coupon' if you have one! (Type in the coupon code, for example, from our Patreon Here)
- Enter your Account and Payment information.
- Tick the box to agree to the standard Terms and Conditions.
- Click the orange button at the bottom of that page to enroll at the price that is displayed.
Don't forget you have a full, no quibble, 30 day money back guarantee!