This online course introduces students to the Irish Language, An Ghaeilge (pron. An Gwale-gah), in its modern form as a living language.
We primarily focus on the spoken language, introducing conversational Irish - while also providing foundational building blocks for students through basic grammar, tenses and vocabulary.
The course is suitable for beginners and for those already learning the Irish language. You will get an overview on everything from pronunciation and spelling, to
basic everyday phrases and grammar concepts, while also providing more
advanced grammar instruction for those who are looking for a refresh on
their current Irish language knowledge or have questions on tenses and
the more challenging grammar rules in the Irish language.
THIS COURSE CONTAINS 10 HOURS OF IRISH LANGUAGE LEARNING CONTENT
In the course you learn about...
Irish Language Basics:
- Spelling in Irish (explaining those Fadas, Séimhiús and Urús!)
- Sentence Structure in Irish
- Regional dialect differences
- Pronouns and Positioning
- Introducing Yourself
- Describing the Environment Around You
- Expressing Needs, Wants & Feelings
- Seanfhocail (Old Words)
Irish Language Grammar:
- Tenses: Past, Present & Future
- Aimsir Chaite
- Aimsir Láithreach
- Aimsir Gnáthláithreach
- Aimsir Fháistineach
- Saor Briathar
- Irregular Verbs
- Intro to the Cases / Na Tuisil
Gaeilge for Pagan Practice:
- The Magic of the Irish Language
- Pagan Vocabulary (expressing your practice as Gaeilge)
The course resources include a practical guide to help you with your learning of the Irish language, and also information on extra resources and advice on how to further your learning and use of the Irish language in your daily life. You do not need to have any specific level or knowledge of the Irish language to enroll in this class.
Your Course access enrollment below includes full access to:
- -- Class Presentation Slides
- -- Class Notes and Resources
- -- Class Video recordings (3)
- -- Typed Transcripts of each Class Video (.doc & PDF formats)
- -- Class Audio recordings (3)
- -- Class Chat Log/Resources
Bonus Content -
2 hour Video on the History of the Irish Language, with Presentation Slides.
Click the Enroll button below to join this Course!
Amy is a practicing Irish Pagan and witch based in Waterford in the South-East of Ireland. She has grown up with folk practice and belief handed down orally, keeping the flame of that tradition alive in her own life and by researching information to share and promote Irish history and cultural heritage. Amy also runs a YouTube Channel, The Crafty Cailleach, where she shares her love of Irish history, folklore, food and magic, and also is currently a candidate for a Masters Degree in Irish Regional History (2023). She has delivered classes on the Irish Language, as well as Hearth Magic, and Irish Hand-Crafting, at the Irish Pagan School.
"I really appreciate the connection to actual Irish culture. [Even] the free classes are very well put together and have academic sources. If you are interested in Irish paganism from a spiritual standpoint, an academic standpoint, or a cultural standpoint, this is a great resource."
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Get Access...
- Choose the payment option below that best suits you - pay in Euros with a Credit Card, or pay in US Dollars with a Credit Card or PayPal.
- Click your preferred option so it's highlighted in orange.
- Click the big orange 'Enroll Now' button.
- On the Order Summary page, click to 'Add Coupon' if you have one! (Type in the coupon code, for example, from our Patreon Here)
- Enter your Account and Payment information.
- Tick the box to agree to the standard Terms and Conditions.
- Click the orange button at the bottom of that page to enroll at the price that is displayed.
Don't forget you have a full, no quibble, 30 day money back guarantee!