A class exploring authentic traditions marking life's milestones with an emphasis on Funerary traditions from keening to elegy. How understanding these traditions can help us navigate Modern rites of passage including new Funerary rites based on Irish traditions. Exploring authentic life milestones including separation divorce and transition/coming out and how to root these celebrations in Irish traditions. mixing grief with celebration
As pagans celebrate various milestones throughout life, the choices are often limited. Authentic ceremony and rites of passage are hard to find and harder to create. With particular emphasis on Funerary rites and tradition, keening, burial but including other major rites of passage this class aims to deepen understanding of our ancestral practices through time. It also aims to help us move towards authentic rites/celebrations of modern life. Understanding death as part of other moments of separation from one stage of life to another, physically and spiritually
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- *cycle of life /death/life in irish traditions
- *understanding each stage of life as a separation
- *rooting practices in traditional belief
- *understanding keening/funerary games/wakes as psychological and emotional passage
- *Ancestral worship as part of grief/recovery
- *making these traditions work for us in modern rites of passage inc transition/ coming out and separation/divorce Marking each stage of life including death as part of a whole.
This Teaching is suitable for beginners, as well as those with more experience in this area, or in other traditions. You do not have to be dedicated to or working with any Irish Gods, Guides, or Guardians to take this class.
WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOU ENROLL THIS COURSE?
Your Course access enrollment includes access to:
- -- Class Presentation Slides
- -- Class Videos
- -- Class Audios
- -- Interactive Q&A Session with the Teacher (recorded during live class).
- -- Unique Creative Content (a story or case study or song/poem)
You will get the unique perspective of a native Irish File, who specialises in teaching native Irish practices and how to incorporate it all into a vibrant contemporary Pagan practice within the living magical and spiritual traditions of Ireland.
This is a completely self-paced online course.
When you are enrolled, join in live if possible, and get the recorded files after for repeated or further study and reference. You decide when you start and when you finish.
When you enroll in this class, you are receiving lifetime access (with a full 30 day money back guarantee).
Enroll in the course, download the content, learn from the materials... and if you don't like what you've learned just email us and we'll give you all your money back. We're taking a risk by offering this - we can't get the content back, so you could just enroll, then ask for a refund, and rip us off! However, we work on an honour system with our Tuath, as did our ancient ancestors. We trust that you won't do that to us, just like you can trust that we will do our very best to make sure you have a good experience with the Irish Pagan School.
You have a 100% money back Guarantee, for a full 30 days, so you can go ahead and enroll with full confidence.
(see below - HOW TO GET ACCESS TO THIS COURSE)
Geraldine Moorkens Byrne is a poet (File), and practitioner of indigenous Irish Witchcraft. She practices Draiocht Ceoil, the magic of words and sound, a traditional part of Irish folk magic and folklore. She has written Roscanna (Roisc) for many political and social causes, most recently - Ériu Addresses the High Kings - against a proposed misogynistic gathering in Ireland (subsequently published in Gods and Radicals journal.) She has also written and published articles on the origin and use of the Rosc. Geraldine is a founding editor of PPP Publishing, and has been published in many anthologies (e.g. Poems from the Lockdown, Harp Club and Cauldron, Small Things, Where the Hazel Falls, Jane Raeburn Anthology); magazines (e.g. Asia Geographic, American Dowser); e-zines (e.g. Poetry Life & Times, Prairie Poetry). Some of her poems - including "Bealtaine" & "Death of the Hero" - have been performed as theatre by groups in Ireland, Britain, & the USA. Her gorgeous children's book Puddles, and her collection of poetry called "Dreams of Reality", are both available on Amazon.
"This was very useful in breaking down the elements of the charms, and the theory behind them. I'm so grateful for the resources provided for further study! GRMA!!"
- Rowan Kal - Irish Charms Student 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
"Informative and concise, this class gives the student an opportunity to immediately apply the knowledge acquired in most practical ways. The no-nonsense approach, which has become a staple for classes in Irish Pagan School, left me with the sense of clarity and appreciation for the Irish heritage of charms and its application…"
- Daniela Simina - Irish Charms Student 2020
Once you have enrolled for a LIVE online course...
You will receive some emails from [email protected].
When you enroll in a course at the Irish Pagan School, you’ll receive a system confirmation email that contains a clickable link to the course. You can use this link to open your course, or you can type the school or course page URL into the address bar of your web browser. (www.IrishPaganSchool.com)
You'll also receive:
- Fáilte - How to Access your Course at the Irish Pagan School! This tells you how to log in, what to do if you forget your password, and how to join our Students Only facebook group (if you'd like to).
HOW TO GET ACCESS TO THIS COURSE
- Choose the payment option below that best suits you - pay in Euros with a Credit Card, or pay in US Dollars with a Credit Card or PayPal.
- Click your preferred option so it's highlighted in orange.
- Click the big orange 'Enroll Now' button.
- On the Order Summary page, click to 'Add Coupon' if you have one! (Type in the coupon code, for example, from our Patreon Here)
- Enter your Account and Payment information.
- Tick the box to agree to the standard Terms and Conditions.
- Click the orange button at the bottom of that page to enroll at the price that is displayed.
Don't forget you have a full, no hassle, 30 day money back guarantee!