Seat of Power: Modern Urban Paganism
The Energy and Spirituality of Urban Living in Irish Pagan TraditionsEnroll in Course
Online Class exploring what it means to be an urban pagan, discovering how to embrace urban spirituality and Irish folk tradition, with Geraldine Moorkens Byrne, Poet (File) and Irish Witch.
This is Urban Paganism as a choice rather than second best or making do - being in Right Relationship with the energy of cities and towns, and learning how to harness and utilise it.
Many feel that 'Pagan' has to be synonymous with nature dwelling, which ignores worldwide traditions of Pagan populations living in cities and ports and towns by choice, including those of us here in Ireland. This class offer a chance for students to embrace the concept of enjoying urban spirituality and tailoring their practice towards a better use of the environment around them, while remaining city dwellers.
We will cover topics such as:
- Understanding Brí and Bua in Old Irish
- Understanding that Paganism =/= nature worship exclusively
- How energy collects in urban groups
- Gods associated with urban pursuits
- Modern Paganism and urban spirituality
- Creating a spirituality that thrives in urban living
- Practical Exercises on tapping into city energy, appreciation of city-scapes, how to create a spiritual/energy map of your town or city
This Teaching is suitable for beginners, as well as
those with more experience in this area, or in other traditions. You do
not have to be dedicated to or working with any Irish Gods, Guides, or
Guardians to take this class.
WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOU ENROLL THIS COURSE?
Your Course access enrollment below includes access to:
- -- Presentation & Resource Slides
- -- Class Video
- -- Class Audio
- -- Q&A Session (recorded during live class)
- -- Downloadable PDF Resource & Exercise Sheets
You will get the unique perspective and shared experience of a native Irish File (poet) and traditional Irish Witch, who has grown up steeped in our lore and traditions, and has lived and worked in urban situations for a lifetime, here in Ireland.
This is a completely self-paced online course. You decide when you start and when you finish.
When you enroll in this class, you are receiving lifetime access (with a full 30 day money back guarantee).
Just click the big orange buttons on this page to enroll now!
Geraldine Moorkens Byrne is a poet (File), and practitioner of indigenous Irish Witchcraft. She practices Draiocht Ceoil, the magic of words and sound, a traditional part of Irish folk magic and folklore. She has written Roscanna (Roisc) for many political and social causes, most recently - Ériu Addresses the High Kings - against a proposed misogynistic gathering in Ireland (subsequently published in Gods and Radicals journal.) She has also written and published articles on the origin and use of the Rosc. Geraldine is a founding editor of PPP Publishing, and has been published in many anthologies (e.g. Poems from the Lockdown, Harp Club and Cauldron, Small Things, Where the Hazel Falls, Jane Raeburn Anthology); magazines (e.g. Asia Geographic, American Dowser); e-zines (e.g. Poetry Life & Times, Prairie Poetry). Some of her poems - including "Bealtaine" & "Death of the Hero" - have been performed as theatre by groups in Ireland, Britain, & the USA. Her gorgeous children's book Puddles, and her collection of poetry called "Dreams of Reality", are both available on Amazon.
"This class was incredible! I love how well researched and annotated this was - the class notes are fantastic, the discussion of historical uses of the rosc and how it connects to traditions and DC today was fascinating. I learned a lot, and I'm so excited to put my newfound knowledge to use - and to continue to dive deeper into rosc poetry in my own work and practice. I'm sure I'll rewatch this class multiple times, and reread the class notes to deepen my understanding."
Shannon Mullens - An Introduction to Rosc Poetry (by Geraldine Moorkens Byrne)
Frequently Asked Questions
"This was an absolutely brilliant class. So very interesting and also extremely practical. There's no doubt in my mind that Draícht Ceoil works. If I have the right sound playing in my home the entire atmosphere changes. I highly recommend this class to anyone who wants to learn about the correlation between sound and healing (and a little bit of hexing just for good measure)."
Draíocht Ceoil (by Geraldine Moorkens Byrne)
How to Get Access...
- Choose the payment option below that best suits you - pay in Euros with a Credit Card, or pay in US Dollars with a Credit Card or PayPal.
- Click your preferred option so it's highlighted in orange.
- Click the big orange 'Enroll Now' button.
- On the Order Summary page, click to 'Add Coupon' if you have one! (Type in the coupon code, for example, from our Patreon Here)
- Enter your Account and Payment information.
- Tick the box to agree to the standard Terms and Conditions.
- Click the orange button at the bottom of that page to enroll at the price that is displayed.
Don't forget you have a full, no quibble, 30 day money back guarantee!