Online class which deconstructs some of the modern spiritual misunderstanding, and helps our students move towards Right Relationship with native Irish spiritual traditions.New Age Paganism is, unfortunately, something of a hotbed of colonial attitudes and entitlement. At its formation and growth stages, it was perfectly acceptable to take a little from here, a bit from there, and call it your own, and this has led to a culture where such appropriation is normalised. This is largely evident in Irish or 'Celtic' Paganism, and in this class we explore what the native Irish spiritual traditions actually look like, and why it's so problematic to continue the cycle of colonisation of this land and people.
Lora O'Brien has been living personally and working professionally in the worlds of Paganism and native Irish Spirituality for over two decades, and has experienced this from every angle. As an author, practicing Pagan Priest, community organiser, international educator, student of psychology, social and political activist, founding member of Pagan Life Rites (Ireland), independent scholar, and heritage sites manager, she has formed something of a unique perspective over the last 25 years
This Class covers topics such as:
- What does Celtic mean?
- What is a Shaman?
- Cultural Appropriation - a Crash Course
- Key Elements of Native Irish Paganism
- What can we do to avoid the bad stuff and work in Right Relationship?
- -- Class Presentation Slides
- -- Class Video
- -- Class Audio
- -- Class Chat Log/Resources
- -- A Guided Journey to Connect with Appropriate Guide/s
When you enroll in this Course, you are receiving lifetime access (with a full 30 day money back guarantee).
Janessa Hill - review of Lora's previous class 'Decolonising your Druidry':"Taking this class was something I decided to do before I got into any kind of Irish or Celtic spirituality, to ensure that IF I end up practicing any kind of spirituality from a culture which is not my own (Im of mixed european ancestry, born and raised in Canada with some portuguese culture), that I would do it respectfully. This course has given me the confidence that it is possible and has pointed me in the right direction in terms of how to approach it! There's so much discourse about making sure we aren't appropriating other cultures in our practice but this course really shows what you CAN do to practice respectfully. Thank you!"
Frequently Asked Questions
Jennifer Brown, reviewing Lora O'Brien's teaching, said:"It is obvious that so much work went into this. And to speak so calmly and take on that teacher's mantle of explaining even when it is a very painful, or anger-inducing, or emotional topic... building rapport with the students and explaining and rewording and going back and giving examples and telling stories and just really going deep for the sake of the students so that they can get it. As a former teacher (language teacher) I appreciate being on the receiving end of that 'good' teacher's hard work. Also relieved to see good scholarship and citation of sources and just a general lack of BS and 'woo'."
How to Get Access...
- Choose the payment option below that best suits you - pay in Euros with a Credit Card, or pay in US Dollars with a Credit Card or PayPal.
- Click your preferred option so it's highlighted in orange.
- Click the big orange 'Enroll Now' button.
- On the Order Summary page, click to 'Add Coupon' if you have one! (Type in the coupon code, for example, from our Patreon Here)
- Enter your Account and Payment information.
- Tick the box to agree to the standard Terms and Conditions.
- Click the orange button at the bottom of that page to enroll at the price that is displayed.
Don't forget you have a full, no quibble, 30 day money back guarantee!