Online Class which explores the Irish magical tradition of Sound and Music , with a native File (Poet).
- Introduction to Draíocht Ceoil
- Druidic and Old Irish roots
- Folk magic tradition
Part 2 and Part 3 will include practical examples, lots of noise, and fun!
Covering the magical properties of sound, such as:
- Man made sound high/medium/low notes
- And sound in nature "whisper, song, roar"
- Awareness of Sound, affect of sound on individual/groups/places.
- Using music with existing magical practices
- Using music to help spirituality
- Using sound in nature to connect to land.
This class runs live on Sunday 11th April, at 9pm Irish Time, and your enrolled access after the live session includes all recordings. This makes it a completely self-paced online course - join in live if possible, and get the downloads after for repeated or further study. You decide when you start and when you finish.
This Teaching is suitable for beginners, as well as those with more experience in other traditions. You do not have to be dedicated to or working with any Irish Gods, Guides, or Guardians to take this class.
No musical ability is needed, a love of sound is all that's required. But we do encourage students to get out instruments, have things ready to make noise etc. You will come away from the class with a plan to construct a working using Draíocht Ceoil and a guide to connecting with a natural place using the sounds of nature.
- -- Class Presentation Slides
- -- Class Video
- -- Class Audio
- -- Class Chat Log/Resources
- -- Q&A Session
Click the Enroll button below to get access.
Geraldine Moorkens Byrne is a poet (File), and practitioner of indigenous Irish Witchcraft. She practices Draiocht Ceoil, the magic of words and sound, a traditional part of Irish folk magic and folklore. She has written Roscanna (Roisc) for many political and social causes, most recently - Ériu Addresses the High Kings - against a proposed misogynistic gathering in Ireland (subsequently published in Gods and Radicals journal.) She has also written and published articles on the origin and use of the Rosc. Geraldine is a founding editor of PPP Publishing, and has been published in many anthologies (e.g. Poems from the Lockdown, Harp Club and Cauldron, Small Things, Where the Hazel Falls, Jane Raeburn Anthology); magazines (e.g. Asia Geographic, American Dowser); e-zines (e.g. Poetry Life & Times, Prairie Poetry). Some of her poems - including "Bealtaine" & "Death of the Hero" - have been performed as theatre by groups in Ireland, Britain, & the USA. Her gorgeous children's book Puddles, and her collection of poetry called "Dreams of Reality", are both available on Amazon.
(Review on Geraldine's Rosc Class)
"Go raibh míle maith agat Geraldine Moorkens Byrne for this amazing class: you opened up a new horizon to my practice and endowed me with new tools to make my soul's voice not just heard, but alas listened to. Lora, you have created a sanctuary of learning and education, a place for seekers to gather around authentic Irish spiritual practice, lore, and knowledge. I don't think there are enough words to express my gratitude for all what you do, really."
-- Daniela Simina, Irish Pagan School Student.
Frequently Asked Questions
(Review on Geraldine's Rosc Class)
"What an amazing course this is. Took me a bit longer to get through it being back to work full time, and as I watched it threw the first time, of all the courses I've taken so far I wish I could have been available for the live zoom. I know I will be re-watching the course at least 1 or 2 more times to truly absorb all the knowledge... Thank you both Lora and Geraldine for the time and wisdom you have brought to all of us. I am more the an excited to started meditating and getting my on Rosc started. Please do come back again Geraldine, you and Lora compliment each other well, and I would love to learn further on the Draíocht Ceoil."
-- Dawn Otstot, Irish Pagan School Student
How to Get Access...
- Choose the payment option below that best suits you - pay in Euros with a Credit Card, or pay in US Dollars with a Credit Card or PayPal.
- Click your preferred option so it's highlighted in orange.
- Click the big orange 'Enroll Now' button.
- On the Order Summary page, click to 'Add Coupon' if you have one! (Type in the coupon code)
- Enter your Account and Payment information.
- Tick the box to agree to the standard Terms and Conditions.
- Click the orange button at the bottom of that page to enroll at the price that is displayed.
Don't forget you have a full, no quibble, 30 day money back guarantee!