Online Class which covers Lúnasa pronunciation, what is Lúnasa or Lúghnasadh as it is commonly known, rituals for 'Lughnasadh', and of course the native Irish traditions around this 'Celtic' Fire Festival - with a Native Irish Draoí (Druid Priest).
This Fire Festivals series, with Lora O'Brien, examines topics such as:
- -- The name, meanings and pronunciations - with a native Irish speaker.
- -- Irish history and traditions of the festival.
- -- The most important elements or themes of this festival.
- -- The biggest mistakes people make, so you don't have to.
- -- Irish Gods or Goddesses associated with this festival.
- -- Some obstacles we face as modern Pagans working with ancient traditions/ working outside Irish culture.
- -- Shared native experiences and opinions.
- -- Practical exercises, prompts, challenges.
- -- A short Q&A session during the live online class.
You get 3 hours of Teaching Presentation in your online class, then a separate Guided Journey to facilitate your direct connection to the themes/ topics/ Gods or Guardians we have been learning about – using Lora’s native Irish Otherworld Journeying method.
(You can take the free class to learn the basics of Level One in this method here - https://irishpaganschool.com/p/level-one-2020 - but it is not necessary to complete Level One to get the value from this class and journey.)
This Teaching, and the Guided Journey, are suitable for beginners, as well as those with more experience in other traditions. You do not have to be dedicated to or working with any Irish Gods, Guides, or Guardians to take this class.
Your Course access enrollment below includes both live and recorded access to:
- -- Class Presentation Slides
- -- Class Video
- -- Class Audio
- -- Class Chat Log/Resources
- -- Guided Journey Video
- -- Guided Journey Audio (for you to repeat the Journey)
Click the Enroll button below to join this Class.
- Amy Olwen, USA.
Lora is an Author, Teacher, and Guide: native born Irish, with 20+ years personal and professional experience in our history, heritage, archaeology, mythology, and pre-christian Irish Spirituality. Publications include - Irish Witchcraft from an Irish Witch, 2004; A Practical Guide to Irish Spirituality, 2013; Tales of Old Ireland - Retold, 2018; A Practical Guide to Pagan Priesthood, Llewellyn 2019; Irish Witchcraft - 2nd Edition, 2020; and a forthcoming work on Queen Medb, 2020.
She is a modern Draoí – a practitioner and priest of indigenous Irish magic and spirituality, in the simplest terms. Lora has been consciously following a pagan path for over 25 years, and dedicated specifically to the Irish Goddess Mórrígan in 2004. She managed one of Ireland's most important sacred sites - Cruachán/Rathcroghan - for a decade, and is a co-founder and legal celebrant with Pagan Life Rites Ireland.
Frequently Asked Questions
PREVIOUS CLASS SERIES REVIEWS
"Thank you for this class! What a treat to learn what the *actual* festival was/is like. In America, there are a lot of pagan/wiccans who go around and give wildly different accounts of what it is. I love that you bring actual texts/documents/sources to the table :) I really enjoyed it!"
- Jessica Slagle, USA