Online Class which covers Lúnasa pronunciation, what is Lúnasa or Lúghnasadh as it is commonly known, rituals for 'Lughnasadh', and of course the native Irish traditions around this 'Celtic' Fire Festival - with a Native Irish Draoí (Druid Priest).
This Fire Festivals series, with Lora O'Brien, examines topics such as:
- -- The name, meanings and pronunciations - with a native Irish speaker.
- -- Irish history and traditions of the festival.
- -- The most important elements or themes of this festival.
- -- The biggest mistakes people make, so you don't have to.
- -- Irish Gods or Goddesses associated with this festival.
- -- Some obstacles we face as modern Pagans working with ancient traditions/ working outside Irish culture.
- -- Shared native experiences and opinions.
- -- Practical exercises, prompts, challenges.
- -- A short Q&A session during the live online class.
You get 3 hours of Teaching Presentation in your online class, then a separate Guided Journey to facilitate your direct connection to the themes/ topics/ Gods or Guardians we have been learning about – using Lora’s native Irish Otherworld Journeying method.
(You can take the free class to learn the basics of Level One in this method here - https://irishpaganschool.com/p/level-one-2020 - but it is not necessary to complete Level One to get the value from this class and journey.)
This Teaching, and the Guided Journey, are suitable for beginners, as well as those with more experience in other traditions. You do not have to be dedicated to or working with any Irish Gods, Guides, or Guardians to take this class.
Your Course access enrollment below includes both live and recorded access to:
- -- Class Presentation Slides
- -- Class Video
- -- Class Audio
- -- Class Chat Log/Resources
- -- Guided Journey Video
- -- Guided Journey Audio (for you to repeat the Journey)
Click the Enroll button below to join this Class.
- Amy Olwen, USA.
Lora is a modern Draoí – a practitioner and priest of indigenous Irish magic and spirituality. She has been consciously following a spiritual path exploring her native Irish traditions for 30 years, dedicated specifically to the Irish Goddess Mórrígan in 2004, and is the author of seven books on Irish history, mythology, folklore, witchcraft, Pagan practice and priesthood. Her eighth book, on the Mórrígan, will be published by Llewellyn (2025). She professionally developed and managed one of Ireland's most important sacred sites - Cruachán/Rathcroghan - for a decade, and is a co-founder and legal celebrant with Pagan Life Rites Ireland. With her partner, Jon O'Sullivan, she is the co-founder of the Irish Pagan School, and together they create a vast amount of community service content for the Irish Pagan School Blog, YouTube Channel, and Podcast. Lora founded the Ogham Academy in 2022, and has a Masters Degree in Irish Regional History (2023) on the topic of Ogham and Irish Identity. (Pronouns: She/They)
Frequently Asked Questions
"Great course, absolutely enlightening about the meanings, origins and traditions associated with Lúnasa. I've learned so much, and the journey was a delightful conclusion to this class. Can't wait for the Samhain course!!"
- Daniella Simina