An online class which explores the Cath Maige Tuired, what we know about the manuscript and author, cultural context for the story, and important details from the text itself. One of the most important tales of the Tuatha De Danann, the Cath Maige Tuired can also be one of the more difficult to read and interpret. This class dives into not only the story itself and its wider context but also discusses the controversial passages in the text and why they are essential to the wider story.
You will learn the history of the Cath Maige Tuired manuscript, why that history matters, and why choosing the right translation makes a difference. We discuss the story itself, untangling aspects that can be confusing, and the poetry which is often omitted from popular translations.
We will also explore the possible cultural
influences on the story to add context to passages that can otherwise be
difficult to understand. If you ever wondered why the Dagda is
described as 'oafish', what really happened in his meeting with the
Morrigan, what her wider role in the story was, or wanted to know more
about the poetry found throughout the text that is often not translated,
this class helps answer your questions.
What Will You Learn
- What is the Cath Maige Tuired and why does it matter?
- What we know about the manuscript?
- How to choose the best translations?
- What other stories tie into the CMT?
- Why wasn't most of the poetry translated and what can those portions tell us?
- A closer look at several key points in the tale
This Teaching is suitable for beginners, as well as those with more experience in this area, or in other traditions. You do not have to be dedicated to or working with any Irish Gods, Guides, or Guardians to take this class.
WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOU ENROLL THIS COURSE?
Your Course access enrollment includes access to:
- -- Class Presentation Slides
- -- Class Videos
- -- Class Audios
- -- Interactive Q&A Session with the Teacher (recorded during live class).
You get the unique perspective of an author, teacher of esoteric subjects, witch, and priest of Na Daoine Maithe. A prolific pagan writer, Morgan has published more than three dozen books, both fiction and nonfiction, and presented workshops at many international Academic and Pagan events and conferences.
This is a completely self-paced online course. You decide when you start and when you finish.
When you enroll in this class, you are receiving lifetime access (with a full 30 day money back guarantee).
Enroll in the course, download the content, learn from the materials... and if you don't like what you've learned just email us and we'll give you all your money back. We're taking a risk by offering this - we can't get the content back, so you could just enroll, then ask for a refund, and rip us off! However, we work on an honour system with our Tuath, as did our ancient ancestors. We trust that you won't do that to us, just like you can trust that we will do our very best to make sure you have a good experience with the Irish Pagan School.
You have a 100% money back Guarantee, for a full 30 days, so you can go ahead and enroll with full confidence.
(see below - HOW TO GET ACCESS TO THIS COURSE)
Morgan Daimler is an author, teacher of esoteric subjects, witch, and priest of Na Daoine Maithe. A prolific pagan writer, Morgan has published more than three dozen books, both fiction and nonfiction, and presented workshops on fairies at various events and conferences. Find them on Patreon at - https://www.patreon.com/morgandaimler
Frequently Asked Questions
The biggest value in this class I thought was the immersion in the lore of the Irish deities which adds to one's knowledge, and in relating the names of the deities to more Irish vocabulary and giving that context and memory cues which always helps with remembering words in a foreign language. The Q&A was particularly valuable for additional info as well as answering questions that also came up in my mind.
John Edward Meyer - on Naming the Gods
Once you have enrolled for a LIVE online course...
You will receive some emails from [email protected].
When you enroll in a course at the Irish Pagan School, you’ll receive a system confirmation email that contains a clickable link to the course. You can use this link to open your course, or you can type the school or course page URL into the address bar of your web browser. (www.IrishPaganSchool.com)
You'll also receive:
- Fáilte - How to Access your Course at the Irish Pagan School! This tells you how to log in, what to do if you forget your password, and how to join our Students Only facebook group (if you'd like to).
- Your Live Online Class Zoom Invite. This is the invitation to join our live event. You can also find this in the Course Curriculum, after you log in using the instructions in the email above!
If you can't attend the course teaching live (at 9pm Irish time on the Sunday), don't worry, the recorded files and presentation slides, etc. will be posted into your Course Curriculum by the following Tuesday.
HOW TO GET ACCESS TO THIS COURSE
- Choose the payment option below that best suits you - pay in Euros with a Credit Card, or pay in US Dollars with a Credit Card or PayPal.
- Click your preferred option so it's highlighted in orange.
- Click the big orange 'Enroll Now' button.
- On the Order Summary page, click to 'Add Coupon' if you have one! (Type in the coupon code, for example, from our Patreon Here)
- Enter your Account and Payment information.
- Tick the box to agree to the standard Terms and Conditions.
- Click the orange button at the bottom of that page to enroll at the price that is displayed.
Don't forget you have a full, no hassle, 30 day money back guarantee!