Online Class which covers the place of trees in Irish folklore and native spiritual practice - with an Irish Draoí (Druid Priest), Lora O'Brien.
[Refreshed for 2021, with new content!]
Fadó Fadó... Long ago in Ireland, it was said a squirrel could travel from Cork to Killarney without touching the ground - treetop to treetop.
This class introduces the trees that are native to Ireland, and explores the wealth of mythology and folklore that the Irish have kept and taught from ancient times, generation to generation. Includes:
- -- How old is a native tree, and how was Ireland forested through history?
- -- Examination of Bretha Comaithchesa - the 'Judgements of the Neighbourhood', a legal text from the 700s CE.
- -- The Tree Divisions - working with the value of trees.
- -- In-depth sample look at Oak, Hazel, Holly, Yew, Ash, Scots Pine and Wild Apple.
- -- Why and how to connect and work with trees in a modern spiritual context.
- -- The biggest mistakes people make, so you don't have to.
- -- Irish Gods or Goddesses associated with trees in Ireland.
- -- Some obstacles we face as modern Pagans working with ancient traditions/ working outside Irish culture.
- -- Shared native experiences and opinions.
- -- Practical exercises, prompts, challenges.
This Teaching is suitable for beginners, as well as those with more experience in other traditions. You do not have to be dedicated to or working with any Irish Gods, Guides, or Guardians to take this class.
Your Course access enrollment includes:
- -- Class Presentation Slides
- -- Class Video
- -- Class Audio
- -- Class Chat Log/Resources
- -- Guided Journey Video
- -- Guided Journey Audio (for you to repeat the Journey)
- -- Bonus Resources
Click the Enroll button below to get access.
Lora is an Author, Teacher, and Guide: native born Irish, with 20+ years personal and professional experience in our history, heritage, archaeology, mythology, and pre-christian Irish Spirituality. Publications include - Irish Witchcraft from an Irish Witch, 2004; A Practical Guide to Irish Spirituality, 2013; Tales of Old Ireland - Retold, 2018; A Practical Guide to Pagan Priesthood, Llewellyn 2019; Irish Witchcraft - 2nd Edition, 2020; the Irish Queen Medb, 2020; and a forthcoming work on the Fairy Faith in Ireland, 2021.
She is a modern Draoí – a practitioner and priest of indigenous Irish magic and spirituality, in the simplest terms. Lora has been consciously following a pagan path for over 25 years, and dedicated specifically to the Irish Goddess Mórrígan in 2004. She managed one of Ireland's most important sacred sites - Cruachán/Rathcroghan - for a decade, and is a co-founder and legal celebrant with Pagan Life Rites Ireland. With her partner, Jon O'Sullivan, she is the co-founder of the Irish Pagan School.
"The time, effort, professionalism, let alone the in-depth research and resourcefulness that Lora O'Brien provides within the classes, lectures, workshops, and general offerings is top notch and superior to most claiming to be teaching in such fields today - genuine, authentic and native material from an equally genuine, authentic, native provider/facilitator."
- Dorn Simon (Ireland)
Frequently Asked Questions
"In depth, thorough and authentic teaching teaching from Lora. Her research and knowledge are extensive and her experience is invaluable."
- Kaoime E. Malloy (USA).