THIS COURSE IS NOW CLOSED FOR ENROLLMENT
PLEASE JOIN THE IRISH PAGAN SCHOOL MAILING LIST FOR INFORMATION ON THE NEXT COURSE IN 2022
Online multimedia format course delivered over 4 weeks, exploring the Fairy Faith in Practice - guided by author, Old Irish translator, and Priest of Na Daoine Maithe, Morgan Daimler.
This four week course was developed in direct response to the problems that are faced by our students, such as:
- "What are typical indications that you're dealing with a member of the Gentry, and not another type of spirit?"
- "When is it worth contracting with or making a long-term arrangement with Themselves?"
- "When is it NOT worth it?"
Morgan knows what it's like to struggle with finding reliable, consistent information on the Sidhe, Na Daoine Maithe, and has dedicated their life to the work of making sure that is available for those who seek, as well as ensuring that they can stay safe while doing so.
This is a practical course which was designed to answer the questions of our students, based on direct feedback. By the end of September, you can have established a firm basis of knowledge and resources that will ground you in the best ways to go about your own Fairy Faith practice, whatever that may look like.
COURSE TOPICS & STRUCTURE
- Week One: Intro - Who Are the Fair Folk and What is the Fairy Faith? (19th Sept.)
- This class will cover the vital basics of what the Fair Folk are and what the belief system around them is, as well as looking at important aspects relating to these beings. We will discuss folklore around the Shining Ones, misconceptions about them, and how to learn more about specific types of Otherworldly beings. We will also touch on basic Otherworldly etiquette and the social structure of the societies there.
- Week Two: Land and Folklore - Living the Fairy Faith (26th Sept.)
- In the second class of this course we are going to dig deeper into the fairy faith by looking at the ties between the Good Folk and specific locations, as well as whether or not we find these beings outside places traditionally associated with them. We will also discuss how to identify locations connected to them as well as tell when they are around us, versus other types of spirits.
- Week Three: Warding and Working - Basic Interactions (3rd Oct.)
- Having laid the groundwork by discussing what the Good Folk are, where we find them, and how to identify their presence in part three we will begin to explore more direct interactions, beginning with discernment around who and what we should be inviting in. We will discuss methods of warding and protection both proactively and when necessary. We will also look at multiple aspects of offerings to the Othercrowd, including the essential what, why, and how.
- Week Four: Going Deeper - Connection and Communication (10th Oct.)
- In the final part of this course we will cover the basics of directly working with the Good Neighbours, including how to avoid offending them, who is most likely to find the Gentry around them (and why), whether you must engage with them, and how to get started. We’ll focus on specific methods of communication found in folklore as well as ones I’ve found useful in my personal practice, and we’ll talk about common mistakes people make with these beings – and how to avoid them.
Over the course of our 4 week teaching, you will have direct Q&A access to, and experience the unique perspective of, a world renowned expert and working Priest of Na Daoine Maithe. The value of this cannot be underestimated - Morgan has studied this lore intensely, and lives in the graces of the Good Neighbours every single day.
Through the live sessions and recorded materials, Morgan is not just teaching dry content you could read in a book or a blog post, but sharing their own passion and joy and devotion, their unique lived experience as a Priest of the Fairy Faith for many years, and as a teacher, mentor, translator and guide to hundreds (if not thousands) of seekers, just like you.
[PLEASE NOTE - This course is suitable and useful for everyone from complete beginners, to those who may be more familiar with other methods but wish to align themselves/ start fresh with a solid practice here, strongly rooted in the native Irish traditions and lore.]
The dates for our 60+ minute Live Online sessions through September and October are:
- Sunday 19th September, 7pm Irish Time
- Sunday 26th September, 7pm Irish Time
- Sunday 3rd October, 7pm Irish Time
- Sunday 10th October, 7pm Irish Time
Your Course Curriculum enrollment every week includes:
- -- Invitation to the Live Online Event (on Sundays)
- -- (60+ minutes recorded Teaching, including Q&A)
- -- Teaching Presentation Slides PDF
- -- Recorded Teaching Video
- -- Recorded Teaching Audio
- -- Teaching Chat Log & Recommended Resources
We all worry about having the time or the availability to feel like we're doing 'enough' in our practice, or even the confidence and trust that we're doing the 'right' things. By joining this course now, you can figure out what the 'right' things are for you - and we can get started on it together with accountability and community 😉
Let's Get Started... scroll down and click the orange button to enroll while we are open!
(Please note, places are limited to ensure maximum engagement in the online sessions, and we will only be opening enrollment a max. of once/twice per year... if you want to do this course, don't miss your chance!)
"This wonderful, fluid conversation covers so much and I am so happy to have it come back to over and over again. I feel like I learn something new every time I relisten to it!"
[In reference to an earlier collaboration between Daimler and the IPS]
-- Jess Bear Fitzpatrick, May 2020
Morgan Daimler is an author, teacher of esoteric subjects, witch, and priest of Na Daoine Maithe. A prolific pagan writer, Morgan has published more than three dozen books, both fiction and nonfiction, and presented workshops on fairies at various events and conferences. Find them on Patreon at - https://www.patreon.com/morgandaimler
StartWEEK TWO (Sun 26th) - LIVE EVENT INVITE - ZOOM ACCESS
StartRecorded Teaching Video (82:05)
StartRecorded Teaching Audio
StartTeaching Chat Log & Resources
StartQ&A Session - Sept 2020 (20:13)
Startfurther study week 2
Startfeeding crows & ravens
StartMusic Featuring Fairies
StartQuick Guide to Folklore Related Terms
Start7 Warning Signs of a Bad Fairy Source
Frequently Asked Questions
"This class was a lot of fun and very informative! I hope you both decide to co-teach more classes together."
[In reference to an earlier collaboration between Daimler and the IPS]
-- Cynthia A. Salas, March 2020.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, to 'Get Started Now!'
- Click on your currency and preferred payment option... It will turn orange!
- Then click the orange 'Enroll in Course' button.
- Check the Order Summary is correct.
- Enter your Account Information (please check the box to receive instructional emails!).
- Enter your Payment Information, and agree to the standard Terms and Conditions.
- One last Click to Enroll in Course, and you're enrolled!
From the next page, you can go straight to the Course Curriculum, where you will be able to access your Zoom Invitation for the Live Teaching Online sessins, and the recorded Course content and multi-media materials a few days after each live event.